Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread: "Nutella"
What are the questions on your heart that make you lose sleep? For me, it sounds like this: What does it look like to both be present and live in the hope of future renewal? How can I find humor in the difficult parts of my story? Can I make a better "Nutella"?
Affordability: $14.6 for 32 oz. vs. $14.95 for 35.3 oz. (target)
MakeIt or BuyIt? MakeIt.
- 2 cups of hazelnuts ($7)
- 7 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips ($3)
- 2 oz. baking chocolate ($0.7)
- 14 oz. of homemade sweetened condensed milk (Combine 4 1/2 cups whole milk and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar; bring to a boil, reduce to low heat and simmer for 2 hours) ($0.90 + $2)
- 7 tbsp. Unsalted butter ($1)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Spread hazelnuts on a cookie sheet. Roast at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Allow the nuts to cool. Rub hazelnuts together to remove the skins.
- Add hazelnuts, bittersweet chocolate chips, baking chocolate, and 1/2 tsp. salt to the blender. Blend for 4 minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and butter; blend for 2 min. until smooth.
- Optional: Add 1 tbsp. boiling water for a creamier texture
Share and Enjoy!