NY Cheesecake with sour cream top layer
1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
1.5 pounds cream cheese, without gum--room temp.
3 tsp. vanilla
grated zest of one lemon
2 cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the graham crackers, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill crust for 15-20 min.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled crust and bake for 50 min.
- Stir together sour cream, sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla and spread over cooled cake. Return to oven for 12 minutes until glossy and set.
- Cool completely, cover and chill for 8 hours.