This weekend is my dad's birthday and it's Father's Day. I live in New York and he is LA. Nevertheless, I decided to make his favorite kind of cake to celebrate his birthday (virtually). And for Father's Day, I've included 33 things about him that I'm thankful for at the end of the post. Happy Birthday and Happy Father's Day, Dad.
Devil's Food Cake Ingredients:
- 1 2/3 cup cake flour (6 cups all purpose flour + 12 tbsp. cornstarch)
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 tbsp. Valrhona Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- Sift the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Combine buttermilk, sour cream, eggs, and butter in a small bowl.
- With the mixer turned on medium-low speed, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until batter is smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly among lined cupcakes or between two springform pans.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Whip heavy cream on medium-high until firm peaks
Enjoy with Whipped Cream or Chocolate Ice Cream.
To Dad: 33 Things I'm thankful for. Love you!